Shouting Louder Doesn’t Help if Your Message isn’t on Target
When someone has a problem to solve (a need), their entire information-gathering process centers on their needs. They won’t give your message (your marketing, your ads) any attention unless and until they see how it relates to what’s important to them.
Assuming you get their attention, then they will examine your messaging for specific details to help them determine whether or not your product/service is a good fit.
Business owners typically struggle with this because shifting the marketing paradigm is neither intuitive nor easy. So they focus on what they know–what they want to say. Unfortunately, the vast majority of marketing messaging fails because of this.
A Tight Core Message Strengthens Your Brand and Your Marketing
Our Core Message Development helps you shift the paradigm. We craft a concise, strategic summary of why people should do business with you. It begins in your customers’ shoes–not yours. It digs into the detail of what’s important to your customers. It differentiates you and provides recommended verbiage that should be consistently applied across customer “touch points” throughout your business.
Objectives and Deliverables: Core Message Package
- Identify 4-7 leading problems you solve for customers that tie directly back to their needs and emotional “hot buttons.”
- Explain specifically why you are better/different from your prospects’ other options in the marketplace.
- Identify at least one offer you can make to improve lead generation efforts.
The Core Message is your foundation to create clear, focused marketing messages. The core message document provides ideas and ready copy for various tactical marketing applications, such as sales letters, emails, website copy, brochures, elevator pitch, etc. Here’s what you get.
- Up to two hours of consulting time.
- 6-8 page document that provides compelling reasons for customers to contact and/or do business with you.
- Specific matrix that addresses what your customers want and how you solve each need, particularly vs. your competitors.
- Suggested copy points relating to each major customer hot button. Or, depending on the client’s preference, two pages of website copy may be substituted for the copy bank.
- Identify at least one compelling offer you can use in your lead-generating activities.
Read what people say about our professional writing and strategy work in Client Reviews
For more information about Core Message Development, contact us