WordPress Website Maintenance Plans: Health Insurance for Your Website
Neglected or Poorly Maintained Websites Can Develop Problems
Today’s WordPress sites are no longer the simple content management system they were touted as being just a few years ago.
Most WordPress websites—especially those with sophisticated themes—are more like living creatures than static pieces of technology. They need care and feeding.
Improperly maintained or neglected websites often develop issues over time. These have nothing to do with the original design process.
What Makes WordPress Websites Different, and Why They Need Maintenance
Here’s why… The typical WordPress site today involves dozens or hundreds of interconnected pieces of technology. And ALL of them constantly changing.
- WordPress core software updated 22 times in 2017 and 26 times in 2016.
- Plugins, those special-purpose add-ons, change frequently (once or twice a month) to keep up with WordPress updates and new product developments.
- Leading themes (the wrap-around skin to the core platform) usually update on much the same schedule for the same reasons.
- Google keeps changing, impacting what’s on your site, how it works and displays.
Here’s the key point. Sometimes you can get away with clicking the little red “update” buttons. But, often the changes in one piece of technology cause conflict with another one on your site.
Then there’s malware and hacking, which Google says was up 32% in 2016. WordPress sites have a login, which makes them a target for hackers and various types of site attacks.
How You Benefit from a WordPress Website Maintenance Plan
If you are like most clients, you probably don’t have the background, time and/or interest to understand and manage all the issues related to site maintenance. However, unless you specifically subscribe to ongoing site maintenance, web designers typically do not continue to service your website after it has been published and approved.
With our WordPress Maintenance Plan, you don’t have to master all the technical details to keep your website healthy. We take care of your site for you. Not only does this save you time, it gives you peace of mind knowing you always have a trained WordPress website tech team on the job who will:
- Monitor your site and your Internet accounts.
- Oversee software updates to the core WordPress platform, theme and plugins.
- Fix site issues and restore backup, if needed.
- Offer priority support for maintenance plan clients.
- Provide a monthly report so you know what was done.
See which of the three levels of WordPress website maintenance plans is best for you. Then subscribe! You can cancel anytime.
What Happens without Proper Website Maintenance
In short, here’s what can happen without website maintenance and monitoring:
- Loss of site functionality
- Poor page display
- Slow page loading
- Loss of site features (calendar, map, widgets, etc.)
- Degraded search position
- Hacking and/or malware (which can cause Google to blacklist a site)
- Complete loss of your website
Is WordPress Website Maintenance for You?
WordPress website maintenance is for you if you have a WordPress website, and…
- You don’t know how to back up your site, and you’re concerned about losing the site.
- You plan to update content or blog occasionally or frequently.
- You have multiple plugins activated (most WordPress sites do).
- You got user training on WordPress but don’t know what all those red “Update” icons mean.
- You don’t have the time or interest to learn all the technical implications of maintaining the site yourself.
- You don’t want to manage or keep track your Internet domain and hosting accounts.